It’s always interesting to hear people talk about community organizations and how they don’t appeal to them, it could be the cause or it could be the impression the organization gives the public; does your organization have sex appeal, the wow factor or is it simply sitting their chugging along.
Grab yourself a cuppa, pen and paper and answer these questions about your organization, based on what the public sees of you – your website, the message you give about the work you do:
- Would you give to your organization?
- Would you volunteer for your organization?
- Would you want to work for your organization?
- Is what we stand for clear, is it easy for people to see what we do?
- Are we seen as trustful?
- Are we committed to what we do?
- Have we made a difference?
- What can we do better to gain more support/awareness?
What did you come up with, are there things about your public face you will/must change, and how will you go about it, what time frame will you set yourself for any changes?
This is a good exercise to do from time to time – do it again in a few months to see if you come up with different answers to what you came up with today.
One thought on “Ask yourself these questions – would you support you?”